We offer residents the chance to purchase up to six additional green bins.
The current charge for each additional green bin is £17.50 for the remainder of the year (1 February 2019 - 31 July 2019) to collect – this is just under £1.40 per fortnight for each additional bin.
This charge of £17.50 covers you for collections from the date you receive your sticker up until Tuesday 31 July 2019.
Delivery of up to six green bins is £5.50 (per delivery)
If you'd like an additional green bin, apply here.
If you already have additional green bins
The current annual payment is due to expire on 1 August 2019. To ensure you don’t see a break in this service or collections stop, renew by 16 July 2019 here.
How does it work?
- Create a login using email address and password
- Apply for the service online
- Select how many additional green bins you would like emptied each fortnight
- Select whether you would like any bins delivered. If you already have all of the additional bins you require this is not necessary. If you don't already have the bins and don't want to pay the delivery charge you can collect the bins yourself for free from the Wiggenhall Depot on a Thursday afternoon between 2pm - 4pm
- Choose to pay by credit/debit card
- Within 14 days you will receive identification stickers for each of your additional bins
- If you have requested bins to be delivered, they will also arrive within 14 days
- Apply the sticker to the back of the body of your additional bin(s) without covering any logos
- You are then ready to put all your green bins out to be emptied on your usual collection day/week (by 6am and on the boundary to your property)
- Bins must be put out on collection day with the handles facing out and the stickers visible to the collection crew
- Additional green bins will only be collected if they have the appropriate sticker on them
- Your data will only be used in line with our privacy statement
You can sign up at any time but the year runs from 1 August until 31 July every year.
When signing up to the new service there could be an initial period of up to 14 days where your additional bins aren't collected.
Please note bins which are too heavy or contain the wrong items will not be able to be emptied. Check the other common reasons why your bin may not be emptied.