You can now sign-up for your 2019/2020 additional green bin collection service. The collection year runs from 1 August 2019 to 30 June 2020. We are currently reviewing how to make it easier for residents to make payments online and also tying it into the timing processes of our contract with our service provider. This means that we are updating our systems so the green bin renewals will this year run for 11 months so you will pay a reduced price of £32 per additional green bin (usually £35). In future years it will return to 12 months.
How does it work?
- Create a login or sign-in using your email address and password
- Apply for the service online
- Select how many additional green bins you would like emptied each fortnight
- Select whether you would like any bins delivered. If you already have all of the additional bins you require this is not necessary. If you don't already have the bins and don't want to pay the delivery charge you can collect the bins yourself for free from the Wiggenhall Depot on a Thursday afternoon between 2pm - 4pm
- Choose to pay by credit/debit card
- Within 14 days you will receive identification stickers for each of your additional bins
- If you have requested bins to be delivered, they will also arrive within 14 days
- Apply the sticker to the back of the body of your additional bin(s) without covering any logos
- You are then ready to put all your green bins out to be emptied on your usual collection day/week (by 6am and on the boundary to your property)
- Bins must be put out on collection day with the handles facing out and the stickers visible to the collection crew
- Additional green bins will only be collected if they have the appropriate sticker on them
- Your data will only be used in line with our privacy statement
We offer residents the chance to purchase up to six additional green bins.
The charge for each additional green bin is £32
Delivery of up to six green bins is £5.50 (per delivery)
When signing up to the new service there could be an initial period of up to 14 days where your additional bins aren't collected.
Please note bins which are too heavy or contain the wrong items will not be able to be emptied. Check the other common reasons why your bin may not be emptied.