Additional green bin service
Since Tuesday 1 August 2017 an annual fee of £35 a year has been charged for all additional green bins for garden waste.
If you would like your additional green bins to be emptied please register online and pay as additional green bins stopped being emptied for free on 1 August.
Your first green bin which is provided through our regular service to households is not affected by this charge and should continue to include your garden and food waste combined.
When signing up to the new service there could be a period of up to 14 days where your additional bins aren't collected. They will only be collected once a sticker is displayed on the additional green bins
How does it work?
- Create a login using email address and password
- Apply for the service online
- Select how many additional green bins you would like emptied each fortnight (£35 each)
- Select whether you would like any bins delivered. If you already have all of the additional bins you require this is not necessary. If you don't already have the bins and don't want to pay the delivery charge you can collect the bins yourself for free from the Wiggenhall Depot on a Thursday afternoon between 2pm - 4pm
- Choose to pay by credit/debit card
- Within 14 days you will receive identification stickers for each of your additional bins
- If you have requested bins to be delivered, they will also arrive within 14 days
- Apply the sticker to the back of the body of your additional bin(s) without covering any logos
- You are then ready to put all your green bins out to be emptied on your usual collection day/week (before 6am and on the boundary to your property)
- Bins must be put out on collection day with the handles facing out and the stickers visible to the collection crew
- Additional bins would need to have been paid for by 14 July to ensure a continuous service from 1 August
You can sign up at any time but the year runs from 1 August until 31 July. If you do not sign up for a direct debit, the service will need to be renewed by 14 July each year for continuous collections.