Will the food in my caddy smell?
- Storing food in the caddy is just the same as placing it in your normal indoor rubbish bin.
- Empty the caddy into your green-lidded bin regularly to avoid it decomposing in the kitchen
- All food waste can be scraped straight into your caddy.
- Putting newspaper at the bottom of the caddy will help absorb any smells and moisture.
- If you do have large or smelly food items it is probably best to put these directly into your green-lidded bin.
- keep lid closed and store away from direct heat if possible
Find out how you could save up to £700 a year by throwing away less food.