Out of hours emergencies
We provide an emergency out of hours service between 5.15pm and 8.45am Monday to Thursday and from 4.45pm Friday till 8.45am Monday, as well as public holidays.
The emergencies covered are:
- Homeless emergencies/domestic violence situations
- Noise nuisance – e.g. burglar alarms, car alarms, domestic noise, noise from a commercial premises. Please note this service is provided from Friday 4:45pm to Monday 1:00am
- Smoke nuisance – e.g. bonfires, factories. Please note this service is provided from Friday 4:45pm to Monday 1:00am
- Parks and cemeteries – e.g. emergencies relating to trespassers, noisy intruders, fire and fallen/dangerous trees
- Dangerous structures
- Alarm activations or emergency repairs at council owned properties
- Civil emergencies, emergency planning or situations affecting public health – e.g. flooding, explosions
- Contained stray dogs requiring collection by the Animal Control Officer
Residents are asked to notify any other issues to the council the following working day or by reporting them where possible via the ‘report it' section. This facility includes reporting fly tipping, graffiti and dead animals.
Residents may access these services out of hours by telephoning the Town Hall on tel: 01923 226400 and selecting option 1 on the automated message.
Watford Community Trust tenants are advised that requests for repairs must be reported to the Trust’s emergency repairs line: 0800 218 2247.
Highways related issues should be reported to Herts County Council 24 hour emergency line on tel: 0300 123 4047 and Adult and Child Social Care emergencies on tel: 0300 123 4040.