Some examples of the types of fraud we investigate are:
- Housing Benefit fraud
- Council Tax fraud - including council tax support, single person's discount, student exemptions and council tax evasion
- Housing fraud - including right to buy fraud, subletting, none residency, providing false or misleading information to obtain social housing/temporary accommodation
- Blue badge fraud - Including using a badge that does not belong to them or the badge holder being present and the altering of a badge
- Employee, councillor and contract fraud - Employee/Councillor and contract fraud can include activities where someone may have abused their position or participated in something unlawful
- Other types of fraud - Taxi licensing, fly tipping, business rates evasion, procurements and grants
The Council is committed to reducing your money through lost fraud - money that should be used to improve your community.
Fraud is not a victimless crime ad it affects us all. Together we can stamp it out. Your information will be treated in the strictest confidence and can be given anonymously.
We want to take an active role by informing us of any person or organisation that you consider to be committing fraud.
The Council have a team of professional investigators who prevent, detect and deter fraud. Much of the team's work is a direct response to the information provided by the public.
You can either report fraud online, or if you would rather, you can call our dedicated fraud hotiline on 0800 458 9200, or email our Fraud team.
Please note: All Housing Benefit Only fraud should be reported direct to the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
If the fraud was committed against you, you can contact your local police or Action Fraud.