Top tips for using real nappies
Here are some top tips for getting the most out of your real nappies:
- Sunlight bleaches stains so hang them out to dry – line drying is great for the environment and great for cloth nappies too
- Never use softener in your nappy wash – it can reduce the absorbency of real nappies
- Bucket + Lid+ Tea Tree Oil – A lid and bucket are essential for storing real nappies until wash day, adding a couple of drops of tea tree or lavender oil to a cloth and popping it in the top can keep things smelling fresh
- Be realistic – find the right balance for you and your baby. Real nappies can be used alongside disposables but every time you choose cloth you are saving another nappy from landfill.
- Need help? Ask us a question at www.facebook.com/WasteAwarePartnership and we will point you in the right direction.