There are several options for getting rid of a large item from home but re-using is the most environmentally friendly way.
If it's in good condition donate it to charity - some collect for free.
Local recycling centre
If you can get it there, take it to a Household Waste Recycling Centre tip/dump
Bulky waste collection service
What it costs:
- up to three bulky items (non-electrical) in one collection - £29
- white goods (electrical) per item - £29
- TVs and monitors per item - £31.50
- other bulky/garden clearance collections - minimum charge £73.50
- quotes can be provided for items such as pianos and carpets
There is a 50% discount for residents receiving council related benefits (proof will be required).
How to arrange a collection
Please call Veolia on 020 3567 6900. Payment is taken on a credit or debit card over the phone at the time of booking.
Where to leave items for collection
We ask for items to be left outside the front of your property for collection. We may consider entering a property for elderly or disabled residents who are unable to get the items outside, however this will be done on a quote basis.