What items go in the green-lidded bin?
Green-lidded bins are for garden and ALL food waste
Please recycle the following in this bin;
- Grass clippings
- Tea bags and coffee grounds
- Fruit and vegetable peelings
- Meat and fish bones
- Out of date food (remove from packaging first)
- Plate scrapings
Additional green bins
We are now offering additional green bins to properties who want more than one green bin for garden waste.
Kitchen caddies and compostable liners
- kitchen caddies are for use in your house to store all of your food waste, peelings and scrapings before emptying into the green bin.
- Caddies can be lined with compostable liners and can be purchased from the Town Hall and Wiggenhall Depot.
- Compostable liners are also stocked in most supermarkets, please ensure they are compostable and show the seedling logo (below)
If you live in a flat and want to make use of the food waste collection service please call Veolia Watford on 020 3567 6900 or email email@example.com to register your interest.
Check out our top tips to stop smelly bins.
Reduce the amount of food you throw away and save up to £60 per month - visit Love Food Hate Waste to find out more.