Vehicular Entranceway Markings
If you are experiencing problems with vehicles being parked over your driveway, the Parking Service can arrange for a white line to be instated directly outside your residential dropped kerb.
Such white lines are of an advisory nature only. This means that the Parking Service cannot issue a penalty solely because a vehicle is parked on a white line. However, the Parking Service can conduct dropped kerb enforcement.
- There must be a clear vehicular access point to the property which is supported by a dropped kerb
- The access point must be on the public highway
- The driveway must not be shared. In circumstances where shared access is identified, we will consult with your neighbour but we cannot progress your application any further if they do not agree. You may be required to provide documented land registry evidence of any claim to sole right of way over land appearing to be of shared use. Failure to disclose any relevant information may result in the removal of the white line without any further notice and a refund will not be made
- You should be aware that from payment to completion, it can take up to three months for the white line to be instated. This is due to our contractor's programming commitments and weather conditions, and is beyond the council's control.
- The cost of a new advisory white line is £150.
- A repaint of an existing but faded advisory white line costs £50
Payment is accepted by credit/debit card payments.
How to apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, confirming your name and address and daytime contact number.
Or write to:
The Parking Service
Watford Borough Council
Once your request has been received a consent letter will be emailed/posted to you. Upon receipt of a signed copy of the consent letter from the applicant and payment, arrangements will be made to complete a site check and place the order.