Controlled Parking Zones (CPZ)

Zone M/N

What are the operational hours of the zone?

Zone M/N is operational between 8am and 6.30pm, Monday to Saturday. This includes bank holidays.

Zone M/N residents also have the benefit of the match day parking scheme which means that additional enforcement is in place on first team match days of Watford Football Club at the Vicarage Road Stadium. This additional enforcement applies between 8am and 6.30pm for Saturday and Bank Holiday (Public Holidays) matches, between 1pm and 6.30pm for Sunday matches and between 8am and 10pm for weekday evening games.


How many resident permits are available per household?

Permanent residents of Zone M/N can purchase one resident permit per person, up to a maximum of two per Council Tax paying household. However, please note that properties which have been converted may have restrictions on their permit entitlement and new developments will be exempt from the scheme completely.


How much do resident permits cost?

The first permit in each household costs £25. The second permit in each household costs £55.

Permits for motorcycles are charged at £25 whether they are the first or second permit in the household.

Disabled badge holding drivers can obtain their permits free of charge upon presentation of a valid disabled badge.


How many visitor vouchers are available per household each year?

Each Council Tax paying household in Zone M/N can purchase:-

  • 400 hours worth of 1-hour and 4-hour vouchers per annum.
  • 15 1-day vouchers per annum.
  • 2 1-week visitor permits per annum.

Pensioners are permitted to purchase double the above allocation at half the usual price if proof of age is provided with the application.

Any resident with the 'old style' match day vouchers, issued before 30th January 2017, can still use these as 1-day vouchers, even on non-match days.


How much do visitor vouchers cost?

  • 1-hour vouchers are sold in books of 40 at £4.50 per book.
  • 4-hour vouchers are sold in books of 20 at £9 per book.
  • 1-day vouchers are sold in books of 5 at £4.50 per book.
  • 1-week permits are sold separately for a specific week at £4.50 per permit.

Pensioners are permitted to purchase double the above allocation at half the usual price if proof of age is provided with the application.


What proof do I need?

You will need to provide proof of residency each time you apply or renew your resident permit or visitor vouchers. If your name appears on the electoral register at the relevant address, this will be sufficient. However, at the current time applicants using our online permit renewal system will not be able to rely upon their inclusion on the electoral register and so will need to provide one of the following documents below. Similarly, if you do not appear on the electoral register, or if you have asked that this information is not made available for public inspection, you will need to supply one of the following which clearly states your name and the relevant address:

  • A tenancy agreement (minimum 6 months duration)
  • A solicitor's letter confirming recent completion of a house purchase (dated within the last three months)
  • A council tax document (dated within the last three months)
  • A utility bill (dated within the last three months)

When applying for a resident permit for the first time or renewing the permit for a different vehicle, you will also need to prove vehicle ownership. One of the following will also be required and must contain your name and current address:-

  • A vehicle registration document
  • Insurance documents, including the schedule, showing the applicant as the driver and including the registration number of the vehicle
  • A company letter lease or hire agreement on headed paper and dated within three months
  • In the case of a newly acquired vehicle, an official bill of sale or invoice (hand written receipts will not be accepted)


Does my vehicle qualify for a resident permit?

All vehicles must measure less than 5.25m in length and 2.3m in height (the size of a standard transit van)


What if I change my vehicle?

As before, you will need documentation confirming ownership or regular use of your new vehicle. You must also return your existing permit to the Parking Shop before a replacement can be issued. The first replacement permit is free. However, a charge of £7 will be made for the second and any subsequent change in any one year.


What should I do if I have a courtesy vehicle?

If your vehicle is in for repair and you are given the use of a courtesy car, you can bring your existing permit to the Parking Shop where it will be exchanged for a temporary permit for a maximum of 2 weeks. On completion of the work, your existing permit will be returned to you. If you need a courtesy/hire car for longer, follow the change of registration process or use visitor vouchers.


What if I no longer require my permit because I have moved house or sold my vehicle?

The permit should be returned to the Parking Shop as soon as possible once you no longer require it. This will allow us to cancel the permit. However, refunds are not available for Zone M/N permits purchased before 30th January 2017. Permits purchased after this date are eligible for a refund providing that the permit is returned and a refund form is completed. A £10 administration charge will be deducted prior to the pro-rata refund of any permit. The permit refund form can be downloaded by using the link to the right of this page.

rating button