Business parking permit
If you own a business you can apply for a permit to park your business vehicle in a controlled parking zone (CPZ).
Eligibility for a business parking permit
You can apply for a business parking permit if:
- your business is in a controlled parking zone (except zone H, where businesses are not eligible for business permits)
- there is no off-street parking facilities within the business premises
- operational vehicle(s) are registered to the business
- the business is registered for business rates in Watford
- the vehicle is no longer than 6 metres in length or 2.3 metres in height
An operational vehicle is one used on an intermittent daily basis for business purposes.
Vehicles used as transport to and from work do not qualify.
How to apply
You can register two vehicles on the permit, but only use one at a time.
The application will be reviewed in 3 working days.
Provide the following information:
- business rate demand or payment receipt
- evidence confirming the need for a business vehicle
- registration document for the vehicle (V5) in the name of the business
Cost of a business parking permit
- £300 in parking zones A, B, C, D, E, F, G and J
- £150 in parking zones K, L, M/N, S, T, V, U and W
Change vehicle details
If you change your vehicle, you will need to update the vehicle registration number on your business parking permit.
It's free to change your vehicle details once per permit.
Further changes cost £7.