Resident parking permit
If you live in a controlled parking zone in Watford you'll need a resident parking permit to park your vehicle on the street.
Resident permit eligibility
You can apply for a resident parking permit if you live in a controlled parking zone in Watford.
The limit is two permits per household (maximum of one permit per person) and the vehicle must not exceed 5.25m in length (up to a standard, Ford, Transit) and 2.3m in height.
If you can't find your address, your property may be exempt from having parking permits. Phone 01923 278890 for more information.
Apply for a resident permit
Resident permits are now digital.
You apply online and there's no need to put a paper voucher in your car.
Documents needed to apply
You'll need to upload some documents to prove your address and vehicle details.
All documents must have your current address on them.
Proof of address:
If you're on the electoral register - you don't need to upload a proof of address and only need to upload your vehicle ownership details.
- recent utility bill, bank statement, or Council Tax document
- tenancy agreement (minimum 6 months duration)
- solicitor's letter confirming recent completion of a house purchase (dated within the last three months)
Proof of vehicle ownership:
Please upload one of the following documents
- vehicle registration document (V5)
- insurance schedule showing the applicant as the driver and vehicle registration number
- company letter, lease or hire agreement on headed paper and dated within 3 months
- an official bill of sale or invoice for the vehicle dated within 3 months
Cost of resident parking permits
- first permit - £25
- second permit - £55
- motorcycle permits - £25
- disabled badge holders or parents/ guardians of blue badge holders 18 years old and under - free
Renew your parking permit
You can renew your permit online up to 21 days before it expires