Public parking in specific parking bays in Controlled Parking Zones can be suspended to:
- Reserve a specific space for a removal vehicle
- Reserve a specific space in order to place a skip
- Allow works on services such as gas, water or electrical mains
- Allow highways work
- Place temporary traffic lights
- Provide a pedestrian walkway
- To allow construction or tree work
We will not suspend:
- Disabled parking bays
- Loading bays
- Parking on private roads
How to apply
Apply for a suspension through our [online permit system].
You will need the following information to hand:
- Your contact details
- Email address
- Purpose of the suspension
- The dates and times of the suspension
- The exact location of the bays you want to suspend
- Credit or debit card to set up payment details
Applications take a minimum of 10 working days to process and come into effect. This is to allow sufficient time to process the application and notify motorists and residents of the suspension.
While the suspension is in place, we are unable to remove vehicles parked in the suspended bays but will issue them with a parking ticket.
£20 per bay (5.25m) for a maximum of three weeks.
This payment is non-refundable. A new application must be made and fee paid for each change, such as adding a new vehicle or extending the period of time.
If a vehicle is parked in the suspended area and it can’t be used by the applicant we will not reimburse payment.