Business parking permits
Permit bays, pay and display bays and shared use bays (no longer enforced) - In light of the government instructions the enforcement arrangements have been reviewed and amended. From 24 March, we will no longer be carrying out enforcement of permit bays, pay and display bays and shared use bays.
Yellow Lines (still enforced) - Enforcement of yellow lines on the junctions of roads and where they protect access to a premises will continue. The decision to continue enforcement of the yellow lines on junctions and for access is because it is vital that emergency services, delivery drivers, carers visiting vulnerable members of the community are able to still access residential areas, supermarkets and the hospital.
Non-junction single yellow line (not enforced) - where a yellow line is not protecting a junction or access area then it will not be subject to enforcement.
Expiring Permits - Permits that expire from the 24 March 2020 are not subject to enforcement and it is not necessary to renew them during this period.
Notices - You can contest the issuing of the penalty by submitting your challenge/representation through our online platform on www.watford.gov.uk/parking
You can apply for a business parking permit if:
- The business is located in a Controlled Parking Zone (except zone H, where businesses are not eligible for business permits)
- There is no space to park operational vehicles within the grounds of the business premises
- Operational vehicle(s) are registered to the business
- The business is registered for business rates in Watford
- The vehicle is no longer than 6 metres in length or 2.3 metres in height
Operational vehicles are those that are used for business purposes on an intermittent daily basis. Vehicles that are used for getting to work do not qualify as operational vehicles.
How many permits can I have?
Only one permit per business is permitted but you can register up to two vehicles on the permit. However, only one vehicle can use the permit at a time.
How to apply
Apply by using our online permit system to submit a business permit application. The application will be reviewed within 5 working days.
When applying you will need to provide the following information:
- Business rate demand or payment receipt
- Accompanying documentary evidence confirming the need for a vehicle for the business
- Registration document for vehicle (V5) in the name of the business