Resident Parking Permits

Apply for a special resident permit

You can apply for a special resident permit if you are a resident in the Controlled Parking Zone and rely on family carers due to your medical circumstances. This permit will be linked to your carer’s vehicle. Your medical condition must be permanent. Temporary conditions such as pregnancy or child care arrangements do not fall within the criteria.

You can apply for this permit online. Applying is simple and secure, see our guide for further information. Should you need additional help to make an application, computers are available at the Town Hall, where members of the team will be happy to assist you with your application.

You will need the following information to hand when setting up your resident account:

  • Your contact details
  • Email address
  • Credit or debit card to set up payment details

One of the following as proof of address:

  • Your registered on the electoral register (tick the box when you apply)
  • A tenancy agreement (minimum 6 months duration)
  • A solicitor's letter confirming recent completion of a house purchase (dated within the last three months)
  • A recent council tax document
  • A recent utility bill
  • A recent bank statement

One of the following to confirm your carer’s full name, address and vehicle details.

  • A vehicle registration document (V5)
  • Insurance schedule, confirming your carer’s name and address and vehicle registration number
  • A company letter, lease or hire agreement on headed paper and dated within three months (if you use a company vehicle)
  • If your carer has recently bought their vehicle, an official bill of sale or invoice.

In addition to the above you will need to also outline on the application the reason the permit is required and supply a document that confirms your medical circumstances, such as a dated letter from your GP outlining your medical circumstances.

rating button