- We have installed a temporary barrier at the entrance to Cassiobury Park to help combat littering and anti-social behavior. The operating hours will be from 7.45am to 10pm. The council have also increased the number of bins and litter picking in the park.
- Cassiobury Car Park (Gade Avenue) reopened on 13 May (enforcement and charges applies). If you are visiting the park, please continue to follow the guidelines.
- The paddling pools will remain closed to help prevent the spread of coronavirus.
- The ground floor toilets at the Hub will be open from 9am until 5pm.
Why bring your group to Cassiobury Park?
Cassiobury Park is a fantastic location to study many aspects of the national curriculum at all key stages, particularly:
- Science - Learn about life cycles, living things, habitats, plant, animals and classification
- Geography - Discover the human impact on the environment, the local rivers and learn mapping skills.
- History - Walk back in time with the parks long and well recorded history, making it an ideal place to study the links between local and national history
- Art - especially looking at the work of Turner who frequently painted in the park
- Forest School - for all ages - fantastic for development of social skills, self confidence and physical abilities
We can run a single session or longer courses for all ages, from toddlers to adults. Whether you've been bringing your group to Cassiobury Park for years or are looking for a new place to visit, our education team is here to help you make the most of your visit to the park.
Why should I contact the Cassiobury Park Education Service?
- When you make a booking there are free curriculum based education resources available.
- There is no charge for independent visits but if you want to bring your group to the park please get in contact, as it helps us make sure there are not too many groups trying to use the same part of the park on a particular day.
- New charges are planned for guided sessions in April 2020: Early bird price before April is £120 (1 class for 2 hour session, half day).
- We are also available to come to your school/group to give an exciting, interactive (free) talk about Cassiobury Park (eg in an assembly).
- We can arrange for your group to ride the mini train (this costs an additional £1.50 per person).
For more details or to make a booking please email email@example.com or call 01923 727072