Explorers and Forest School
Join Vicky from The Hub for Explorers and Forest School at Home session: weekly video posted on Facebook.com/cassioburypark or on the playlist.
Cassiobury Explorers is a special project within the park. It aims to enable local children to have the opportunity to have lots of fun and interact with nature in a positive way. Sessions are run in a forest school style. Book your place by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Forest school is an innovative educational approach to outdoor learning. It is a way of working with children outdoors, helping them learn, whilst developing physically, emotionally and socially and forming an appreciation and respect for the environment.
The sessions aim to be largely child-led and child-initiated and aim to allow the child to follow their own interests and develop at their own pace. Forest School increases children's confidence, self-esteem, independence, self-awareness, motor and social skills.
As the weeks continue, the sessions are built on and the children learn to understand boundaries, stay safe whilst taking risks, explore at their own level and pace and use and develop creative imaginations. Children will be out in all weathers - so dress up warm and be ready to get mucky!
Activities include muddy kitchen, minibeast hunting, den building, nature crafts, games, campfire cooking, gardening, plus lots and lots of free play
Group meeting information
We have two regular groups.
Cassiobury Explorers - preschool group (meet on the patio outside the eucation space at the Hub):
- For children aged 2+ on Thursdays at 1pm - 2.30pm (term times only, new prices in April 2020)
- Free but booking is advisable
- Parents and carers stay for the session and younger siblings are welcome to come too and join in at their own level
Cassiobury Forest School - homeschool group:
- For children aged 5+, forest school inspired sessions (term times only)
- £2 per child - booking essential. All year round alternating forest school and garden school sessions (new prices in April 2020)
- Parents/carers stay for the session and younger siblings are welcome to come too and join in at their own level
We can also run forest school inspired sessions/ outdoor exploration, for other school or community groups and for further details email email@example.com