Explorers and Forest School
Cassiobury Explorers is a special project within the park. It aims to enable local children to have the opportunity to have lots of fun and interact with nature in a positive way. Sessions are run in a forest school style. Book your place by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Forest school is an innovative educational approach to outdoor learning. It is a way of working with children outdoors, helping them learn, whilst developing physically, emotionally and socially and forming an appreciation and respect for the environment.
The sessions aim to be largely child-led and child-initiated and aim to allow the child to follow their own interests and develop at their own pace. Forest School increases children's confidence, self-esteem, independence, self-awareness, motor and social skills.
As the weeks continue, the sessions are built on and the children learn to understand boundaries, stay safe whilst taking risks, explore at their own level and pace and use and develop creative imaginations. Children will be out in all weathers - so dress up warm and be ready to get mucky!
Activities include muddy kitchen, minibeast hunting, tree climbing, den building, woodland crafts, wide games, campfire cooking, songs and stories, plus lots and lots of free play
Group meeting information
We have three regular groups.
Cassiobury Explorers - preschool group (meet at the rustic bridge)
- For children aged 2+ on Thursdays at 1pm - 2.30pm (term time only)
- Free but booking is advisable
- Parents and carers stay for the session and younger siblings are welcome to come too and join in at their own level
Cassiobury Explorers - Holiday club:
- For children aged 5+ on Wednesdays, 10am - 2pm year round
- Free - booking essential (In the Easter and summer school holidays)
- Parents/carers drop off children for the session and children under 5 may not come to these sessions
Cassiobury Explorers - homeschool group:
- For children aged 5+, fortnightly
- £1.50 per child - booking essential. All year round alternating forest school and garden school sessions
- Parents/carers stay for the session and younger siblings are welcome to come too and join in at their own level
We can also run forest school sessions for other school or community groups at a cost of £2 per child (minimum fee £30).