Nature at Cheslyn Gardens
No beautiful garden is complete without a dedicated gardener. Cheslyn's talented gardener, Nick, can usually be found amongst the flowers and trees. He is very knowledgeable about the plants and wildlife and is happy to share his knowledge with visitors - say hello if you see him.
What can be seen at Cheslyn?
- Formal, open area to the front, semi-natural woodland area to the back.
- A pond with wildlife, including dragonflies, damselflies, frogs, newts, fish and water insects.
- An aviary with budgerigars, quail, assorted finches and other varieties of small birds.
- Wildlife, such as birds, squirrels, foxes, badgers and the occasional Muntjac deer.
- Many plants, including standard trained wisteria sinensis, which is draped with lilac flowers in the summer; dahlias, palms and canna lilies.
- In the spring you can see azaleas, rhododendrons, daffodils, bluebells and woodland flowers.
- Tulip tree (Liriodendron tulipfera)
- Sweet gum (Liquidambar styraciflua)
- Indian bean tree (Catalpa bignonioides)
- Maidenhair tree (Ginkgo biloba)
- Various acer species