Volunteering in parks and open spaces
Watford has a network of amazing volunteers who contribute their time and energy to help maintain the town’s parks and open spaces so that they are wonderful places for everyone to visit and enjoy.
'Friends of' and other resident groups
There are a number of active local resident groups that help look after Watford parks:
- Friends of Cassiobury Park
- Friends of Oxhey Park
- Friends of Harebreaks Wood
- Oxhey Village Environment Group (OVEG)
- Courtlands Residents Association (Goodwood Recreation Ground)
- Ridge Residents Association (North Watford Playing Fields)
- Watford Fields Residents Association
If you are interested in joining one of these, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Green Gym is a great way to get fit and help improve the environment.
Find out about volunteering in Cassiobury Park.
Support and funding
Veolia's scheme Friends In Green Spaces (FIGS) can assist outdoor voluntary and community activities in the following ways:
- Collection of rubbish after clear-ups
- Lending community clean-up kits and tools
- Offer support and advice
- Arrange use of meeting spaces at the new Cassiobury Hub and at Cheslyn House
- Establishing a new Friends Of group in areas not already represented
- Funding purchases of tools, bulbs, tree whips or other supplies
Watford Borough Council’s Small Grants Fund is also available to assist voluntary and community sector groups.