Brownfield Land Register
The Town and Country Planning (Register of Previously Developed Land) Regulations 2017 require councils to produce a Brownfield Land Register.
The Government wants 90% of suitable brownfield sites to have planning permission for housing by 2020. It is part of the Government’s aim to boost the supply of housing land and to increase the rate new homes are being built.
Sites on the Register had to meet a certain set of criteria, including:
- Be previously developed land;
- Capable of supporting development of 5 or more dwellings or be at least 0.25 hectares in size;
- Suitable for residential use;
- Free from any constraints that cannot be mitigated; and
- Deliverable within 5 years.
If you would like to view the sites included on the Brownfield Land Register (Dec 2017) it is available in two formats:
The Brownfield Land Register will be updated annually.
If you have any queries about the Watford Brownfield Land Register please contact the Planning Policy team using the details below:
- Telephone: 01923 278276
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org