Environmental permits

You must have an environmental permit from Watford Borough Council or the Environmental Agency if you operate a regulated facility within Watford.

A regulated facility includes:

  • installations or mobile plants carrying out listed activities
  • waste operations
  • waste mobile plant
  • mining waste operations

The permit you need depends on the activity. Common activities regulated by Watford Borough Council include:

  • dry cleaners
  • petrol stations
  • vehicle resprayers
  • concrete batching plant

Some small waste operations do not need a permit if they have a waste exemption certificate from the Environment Agency.

Fees may be payable upon application.

There is more guidance and further application forms on the gov.uk website.

View the list of current Environmental Permits issued by the council.


rating button