Applying for a Local Restrictions Support Grant
Businesses which were required to close by law under previous national lockdown restrictions may be eligible for a Local Restrictions Support Grant
Information for previous applicants
Payments for the period 16 February to 31 March were made on 9 March.
The Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG) scheme closed on 31 March and has been replaced by the Restart grant scheme.
New applicants for the period 16 February to 31 March
If you did not apply previously and believe you are eligible then you have until 31 May to make an application for the 16 February to 31 March period.
A business may be eligible if it:
- Occupies property in which it pays business rates to Watford Borough Council (and is the ratepayer)
- Has been required to close under national restrictions.
- Has been required to close for at least 14 days because of the restrictions.
- Has been unable to provide its usual in-person customer service from its premises.
Eligible businesses are entitled to a cash grant for the 44-day (16 February - 31 March) period.
- For properties with a rateable value of £15,000 or under - a cash grant of £2,096;
- For properties with a rateable value of between £15,000-£51,000 - a cash grant of £3,143;
- For properties with a rateable value of £51,000 or over - a cash grant of £4,714.
You can find your business rates valuation online.
Your business will not be eligible if it:
- Has been able to continue to operate during lockdown because it does not depend on providing direct in-person services from its premises.
- Has reached the state aid limit. The national business support grant counts towards state aid. Payments count towards the total de minimis state aid allowed over a three-year period (€200,000). If you have reached that threshold, you may still be eligible for funding under the COVID-19 Temporary Framework where the limit is €800,000.
- For the avoidance of doubt, businesses that were in administration, are insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made at the date of the local lockdown are not eligible for funding under this scheme.
- Eligible businesses will be eligible for grant funding for each property liable for business rates with Watford Borough Council.
If you have any questions, please email our Business Grants team.
The Council has launched a free business support programme for Watford businesses providing one-to-one business advice, skills training webinars, workshops and specialist support. The Business Recovery and Growth programme is available to all Watford businesses to help them adapt and grow. Find out more about the free programme and how to contact.