West Watford project
Thanks to funding from the Police and Crime Commissioner, Watford Borough Council in partnership with Veolia have been making improvements in West Watford. New litter bins displaying winning artwork Chater Junior School and flowers in recycled planters have been installed in Fearnley Street, Durban Road East, Pretoria Road and Chester Road. Voting ashtrays are also being trialed on Vicarage Road and Chester Road. Residents have been visited and postcards have been delivered reminding residents how to get rid of unwanted items easily and legally.
Remember, flytipping is the illegal dumping of items such as bags of rubbish, TVs and mattresses on the street or around litter bins. You could receive a £300 Fixed Penalty Notice or a fine in court.
- For larger items such as mattresses and fridges book a bulky collection by contacting Veolia on 020 3567 6900 (charge applies).
- Donate to charity (some offer free collections).
- If you regularly produce extra waste try these tips to reduce it.
- Visit a Household Waste Recycling Centre – your nearest sites are:
Rickmansworth Household Waste Recycling Centre
Waterdale Household Waste Recycling Centre
St Albans Road
How to report a flytip:
- Report flytips in progress to the Police on 101
- Report flytips for clearance or contact Veolia on 0203 567 6900