- Large numbers of trees will be planted in green spaces and woods across the town. This is part of the council's plans to increase the town’s tree canopy cover from 18% to 20% over the next ten years after an ambitious Tree and Woodland Strategy was agreed. You can find out more at www.watford.gov.uk/increasing-watfords-trees
- 'Rediscovering the River Colne' is a ground breaking project aiming to bring the river to the heart of Watford, by increasing access, attracting back the original biodiversity and improving the quality of the river. rivercolnewatford.co.uk
- New wetland restoration project will transform the former watercress beds in Cassiobury’s nature reserves back into a wetland wildlife sanctuary complete with reeds, ponds and scrapes. The restoration will now form a new habitat for wildlife and a diverse landscape for park users to enjoy, creating educational opportunities at the reserve and restoring part of the flood plain that has been missing for some time: www.watford.gov.uk/cassioburyprojects
- Whippendell Wood ancient woodland restoration project aims is to improve the structural and species diversity of the woodland to support more wildlife, improve access, create better links with the park and wider landscape, and to fulfil our statutory duties in protecting this SSSI and keeping it at ‘favourable condition’ status. www.watford.gov.uk/cassioburyprojects
- Improvement works at Oxhey Activity Park and Garston Park will involve planting more trees and plants.