Carbon Community Assistance
The council also provides incentive grants and loans to Watford residents regardless of income. The assistance is subject to conditions and funding availability to households deemed appropriate to receive energy measures under this scheme.
- Call 0800 107 0044
- Simple Online referral at www.bhbh.org.uk/make-a-referral
- E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Low income households
- The Energy Company Obligation (ECO) - scheme is a government incentive that helps people lower their home heating costs through energy efficiency measures.
- Incentive Grants - Watford Borough Council top-up funding is also available towards shortfalls to those that qualify for ECO or ECO flex* in the form of incentive grants.
- Subject to conditions some interest-free loans are available towards remaining costs for some measures (after all other subsidies and grants) and are based on 50% of the installation cost.
- Maximum of £5,000 per household and a minimum loan level of £1,000.
- May be issued for subsequent qualifying works at a later date up to the maximum per household of £5,000.
- Subject to a fee of 8% added to the loan works amount. The loan and fee are placed as a charge on the property, repayable in full at point of disposal (sale or change of ownership). The loan may be repaid in full at any point during the term.
Energy efficiency measures
- Cavity wall insulation
- First time heating
- Heating controls
- Loft insulation
- Air source heat pump (or other renewables)
- Replacement boiler
- Room in roof
- Solar PV (only offered in specific project areas)
- Solid wall insulation (only offered in specific project areas)
- Storage heater
- Underfloor insulation
- Party wall insulation