Climate change is one of the most serious threats facing the world, including people living in Watford. That’s why we committed to tackling this issue when we declared a climate emergency in July 2019.
To move things forward we set up a Sustainability Forum consisting of council officers and elected councillors who are collectively developing a comprehensive plan of action will address the following key areas:
- Integrating climate change into planning policy and the Local Plan for Watford with a focus on greener homes and buildings
- Delivering against the current sustainable transport plan that includes creation of a sustainable transport app, a new cross town on demand bus service, a new bike hire scheme and improved cycleways across the town, more electric vehicle charging points
- Developing a climate change action badge for Watford that unites people and businesses in adopting greener behaviours
- Taking account of climate impacts within existing council decision making processes
- Delivering appropriate training for members and officers to promote carbon neutral polices