Better Housing Better Health
The council is partnering with Better Housing Better Health, a new Warmth & Wellbeing Service that replaces Herts Warmer Homes. To refer:
- Call 0800 107 0044
- Simple Online referral at www.bhbh.org.uk/make-a-referral
- E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
The aim of the service is to improve energy efficiency in homes by advice and funding for grant and loan schemes such as the government Green Homes Grant*, Energy Company Obligation and Watford Borough Council Assistance.
The Better Housing Better Health is a service managed for us by National Energy Foundation; Established in 1988 as an independent national charity to improve the use of energy in buildings, help householders save energy and money by providing impartial advice and to help tackle fuel poverty.
BHBH operates in Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire and now in Watford.
*The Green Homes Grants will give homeowners, including owner-occupiers and social/private landlords, vouchers to install one or more of the following:
- solid wall, under-floor, cavity wall or roof insulation
- air source or ground source heat pump
- solar thermal
In addition, households can use their voucher for further energy-saving measures. These include one or more of the following:
- double or triple glazing/secondary glazing, when replacing single glazing
- upgrading to energy-efficient doors
- hot water tank/appliance tank thermostats/heating controls
Riverside Park who previously benefitted from support for warmer and smarter homes