Watford Borough Council and Watford Community Housing are working together on plans for the delivery of much-needed social housing in Watford through the redevelopment of Centrepoint Community Centre.
Whilst the planning consultation on the proposals for the social housing development will be led by Watford Community Housing separately over the next couple of months, this engagement gives local residents the chance to give their feedback on what kind of community space and local shop could be included in the Centrepoint development. Simply head to plansforcentrepoint.co.uk, where you have until the 9 December to have your say.
A vibrant and friendly community centre, Centrepoint has a range of activities to suit all ages and abilities. The centre is fully accessible and is the perfect place to meet people and have fun.
Centre opening hours:
- Monday to Sunday - 9am to 10pm
Centre Manager office hours:
- Monday - 8.30am to 3.30pm
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday - 8.30am to 2.30pm
- Thursday - 9am to 2.30pm
- Main Hall - accommodates 50 people seated or 75 people standing with access to kitchen facilities
- Two rooms each accommodating 25 people seated or 35 people standing
- Small Meeting Room - accommodating 8 people seated with IT facilities
- Free WiFi
- Street dance (5+ years)
- Let's dance
- Unity 3 Dance School - A variety of adult and child classes available
- Seated exercise
- Dine out Tuesday lunch club
- Coffee morning
- Random Cafe
- P.H.A.B. (Able bodied & disabled social group)
- Sahaja yoga
- Gentle Restorative yoga
- Activity club (ages five to 12 years)
- Vathalayam Spiritual Group
- Watford Indian Association yoga
- Watford United Pentecostal Church
- NEW to Centrepoint Community Centre - monthly community activities to include bingo, Saturday matinees and karaoke nights
For more detailed information on any of the facilities and activities available including children's parties please email the Centre Manager or call 01923 211058.