- North Watford and Vicarage Road cemeteries reopen to the public with normal opening times (9am - 7pm) - visitors are asked to follow social distancing guidelines.
- Toilet facilities are open from 9am to 5pm (they are restricted opening hours due to COVID 19 regulations to allow cleaning).
- Due to recent changes to government guidance burials at our cemeteries can only accommodate a maximum of 30 mourners at graveside who must practice safe distancing at all times during the ceremony.
- Our chapel remains closed at this time.
- The guidance will also only permit up to six people to attend the interment of cremated remains.
- You can read the 'Information For The Bereaved Coronavirus (Covid 19) leaflet' for more information.
- CHAPELS - There is a small chapel at North Watford Cemetery that seats 60. A CD player is available to play music.
- MEMORIALS - Both Lawn graves and traditional graves are available at our cemeteries.
- FUNERAL DIRECTOR - A Funeral Director will make the necessary arrangements with the Cemetery Manager to ensure that burials are performed with due respect and efficiency (localfuneral.co.uk and yourfuneralchoice.com)
- CREMATIONS - We do not carry out cremations at our cemeteries. The nearest is West Herts Crematorium
- BURIALS - New graves are available at North Watford Cemetery only.
- CARE OF GRAVES - Whilst maintenance of individual graves on a contractual basis is no longer carried out, grave spaces will be kept maintained.
- Registering A Death - To register a death, call us on 0300 123 4045.
NEW WEBSITE: For all information on burials and cremations, please visit www.watfordcemeteries.co.uk.