Events for 24th Feb 2019
Showing 1 to 2 of 2 events.
Day activities for adults with physical and/or sensory disabilities
- Date: 26th November 2018 - 20th December 2019
- Every day
- Location: DRUM, Parkgate Community Centre, Southwold Road, Watford WD24 7DN
- Time: 09:00 - 15:00
- Cost: £4.50 mornings, £4.00 afternoons (£8.50 all day), lunch (optional) £3.50
Art & Crafts - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday mornings
Singing - Monday mornings
Sport - Friday mornings
Yoga - Monday, Tuesday & Friday afternoons
Tia Chi - Thursday afternoons
Disability Recreation Unity Movement (DRUM) provides day activities, services and support to adults with physical and/or sensory disabilities. The majority of DRUM members were not born disabled but have acquired a disability through accident or illness such as stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's, brain or spinal injuries. Ages range from 18-95! Daily activities include sessions in art, crafts, textiles, ceramics, woodwork, yoga, tia chi, singing, dance, sport and gardening. We also organise regular day trips and outings and in-house services include a hairdresser, chiropodist and masseuse.
Leavesden junior parkrun
- Date: 6th January 2019 - 5th January 2020
- Every week
- Location: Leavesden Country Park (north side) WD5 0NX
- Time: 09:00 - 09:30
- Cost: Free
Run, walk or volunteer at these free, weekly timed 2km runs for juniors (4-14 year olds). Adult and junior volunteers most welcome.
Register and info: www.parkrun.org.uk/leavesden-juniors/