Events for 22nd May 2018
Showing 1 to 2 of 2 events.
Exercise classes for people with Parkinson's
- Date: 5th January 2016 - 18th December 2018
- Every week
- Location: Woodside Leisure Centre
- Time: 10:30 - 12:00
- Cost: £2.15, payable on the door
If you have Parkinson's, exercise, and the right to exercise, is very important if we want to keep stiff or trembling muscles working. The range of exercises are specifically chosen so that those with Parkinson's get maximum benefit. Anyone with Parkinson's, friends and family members are welcome. The benefit fo taking these classes can include:
- they keep us fit and flexible
- they strengthen muscles and keep us walking well, as well as helping with balance
- they stop us getting into bad physical habits
- they help hearts and breathing as well as speech
- the are also great fun and give the members friendship and support
For more information contact Mike Peaker on tell: 01923 820395
Open Mic @ The Pump House
- Date: 23rd May 2017 - 18th December 2018
- Every week
- Location: Pump House Theatre & Arts Centre, Local Board Road, Watford, WD17 2JP
- Time: 19:30
- Cost: -
Every Tuesday at The Pump House you will find the Watford Open Mic team...Open to all musicians, players, songwriters and performers, we offer 15 minute sets with a full set up of mic's, amps etc. just turn up and put your name down and play....
We are a friendly team who have been running this event for 5 years now. All styles are welcomed and we have a varied and diverse mix of performers. As we are not in a pub we can offer a more attentive listening audience and have become known for our sound quality. We are very lucky to have some talented regulars too, so come on down to enjoy a great evening of musical entertainment, no two weeks are ever the same...
Find us Facebook group pages: Open Mic Watford or Watford Open Mic (apply to join)