Test and Trace payments

Financial support for Test and Trace

If you've been contacted by NHS Test and Trace and have been asked to self-isolate, you may be eligible for financial support.

This payment could be up to £500.

Eligibility for Test and Trace payment

You could be entitled to support if you:

  • have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace
  • take time off work to care for a child who has been told to self-isolate
  • are employed or self-employed
  • can't work from home and will lose income as a result
  • are currently receiving at least one of the following benefits: Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, Income-based Job Seekers Allowance, Income Support, Income-related Employment Support Allowance, Housing Benefit or Pension Credit.

You may be able to apply for a discretionary payment if you:

  • are not on one of the above benefits
  • earn less than £300 before tax
  • earn no less than £80 per week before tax
  • have less than £6,000 in capital
  • will suffer financial hardship through self-isolation

Apply for Test and Trace support