We hope that you find the watford.gov.uk website accessible. Through regular user testing and research, our aim is to try and make this site as usable and accessible as possible for our visitors.
If you would like to make suggestions on how we could improve the website accessibility or experience a problem with the site, please contact email@example.com, tel. 01923 27 8392. Alternatively, you can give us feedback online.
To request information in an alternative format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 01923 27 8392.
In compliance with our statutory obligations under the Equality Act 2010, we are committed to making our website as accessible as possible to all our visitors.
Get help with accessibility - hints and tips
Use the links below to find guidance about:
- Changing colours and fonts on this website
- making your mouse easier to use
- using your keyboard to control your mouse
- alternatives to a keyboard and mouse
- increasing the size of the text in your web browser
- changing text and background colours
- how to magnify your screen
- screen readers and talking browsers
Listen to our website using Browsealoud
If you need help reading our website, we have added the world-leading digital inclusion software, browsealoud. We hope you will find that it has made our content more accessible with reading and translation support.
Click on the browsealoud icon image that appears in the top right hand of your screen to launch the support toolbar. Then click on any text to hear it read out loud. Try it out - it’s free!
How does browsealoud help?
Browsealoud offers a host of reading and translation support - helping you to access and understand our website better.
- text-to-speech - click on or select any text to hear it read aloud
- translation - written and spoken translations in multiple languages
- text magnification - enlarges text and reads it out loud
- mp3 generation - converts selected text into an MP3 audio file
- screen mask - blocks distractions on screen with a tinted mask
- web page simplifer - removes clutter from the screen, displaying only the main text
- setting - customise options to suit individual needs or preferences
All the features are accessed from an easy-to-use, floating toolbar - allowing you to drag and drop it anywhere on screen.
The site utilises colours outlined in our brand guidelines, which we hope provides a professional, vibrant and appealing design.
The font combination (Bitter) makes the website feel fresh and modern, whilst maximises readability. Bitter is a "contemporary" slab serif typeface that has been specially designed to aid comfortable reading on any computer or device.
Our icons provide a visual cue to important tasks and information and include descriptive text labels.