Advice to businesses preparing to reopen
Many businesses are looking to take steps to prepare for reopening. We understand that there is a lot to consider to ensure you, your staff and customers return to a safe environment. Feedback from businesses is that businesses that get the new measures right, tend to have both staff and customers return more confidently.
We have produced some business sector relevant advice with useful links which can be found on the links to your right, however the following documents maybe useful to all businesses. If you require further advice you can contact us at: EnvHealth@watford.gov.uk or on 01923 278905. You can also find more information at gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19 and also on face-coverings.
All businesses must review their risk assessments addressing the risks from Covid -19 and have in place suitable controls prior to reopening. Businesses with employees of more than 5 must document this, however ALL businesses must carry out a risk assessment and communicate controls to their staff.
We have produced a checklist for SME’s to support you complete this requirement.
The Health and Safety Executive has provided details on how carry out a risk assessment.
All businesses are going to be required to enhance their cleaning regimes especially in areas with high hand contact areas to prevent the spread of transmission of Covid -19 . We have produced a simplified guide to cleaning and hand sanitisers.
Further guidance on how to clean effectively can be found via the links below:
- Cleaning your workplace guidance
- Cleaning when someone with suspected Covid19 has been at the premises
- Working safely sector guides
- Food business checklist
We have put together a small list of local suppliers to help you obtain some items you may require to implement some of the controls you have identified in your risk assessment.
The council is keen to help you connect to local businesses and services so that we can all support our community in recovering. This list of suppliers contains information on local firms who may have the products or know-how to get you back up and running safely.
The council can’t recommend any suppliers or services and does not accept liability for the services or products listed on this site. We have worked to make sure they are local but you should do your own checks on any companies listed before buying products or services. If you run a local company and would like to be considered for inclusion on this list, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org
Safety Screens, signage, stickers, tape, etc.
- Acrylic Design – www.acrylicdesign.co.uk/#&panel1-3
- APR Signs – email@example.com, 07738 462146
- Stylographics - www.stylographics.co.uk/, 01923 800666
- Phillips Direct – www.phillipsdirect.com, 01442 200600
- PharmaModus - https://www.pharmamodus.com/
- GAMA Healthcare products – available through www.bunzlchs.com
- Sigma – www.sigmapharmaceuticals.com/124-covid-19-response-in-stock-items / Email firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Phillips Direct – www.phillipsdirect.com
Advice on safe cleaning
Contactless Payment Tools
- Sum Up - sumup.co.uk
- iZettle - www.izettle.com/gb
- Square - squareup.com
- WorldPay - online.worldpay.com
Hand Sanitiser Dispensers
- Tork - www.tork.co.uk/distributor-finder
- Stylographics - www.stylographics.co.uk or call 01923 800666
- Financial help is available via www.watford.gov.uk/Businesses-Covid and www.watfordbusiness.com
- Guidance and advice sheet created by Environmental Health officers and Trading standards officers across Hertfordshire can be found at Hertfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership
- Advice on adapting your food business during coronavirus from the Food Standards Agency:
- Hertfordshire County Council Trading Standards can provide advice on packaging, online selling, price hikes and lots more useful advice during this pandemic on the Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP).
- Hertfordshire Growth Hub have produced a resource page which lots of useful information to help local businesses.