Planning applications - residential
All the information you need for household planning applications is available on the Planning Portal - the government's online planning and building control resource.
June 2014 UPDATE: A revised version of the Residential Design Guide is scheduled to be adopted on 7 July 2014. A note on transitional arrangements can be downloaded from the link below.
- Find out if you require planning permission
- Find out about permitted development
- Use the interactive house for a quick guide
- Make your home more energy efficient
- Find out more about the application process
- Make an online planning application
- Have a look at our planning fees and charges
- Don't want to do it online? Download the forms and guidance required to apply by hand
- Have a read through our planning checklist before you submit your application...
- Need more help? Visit our advice and guidance page
If you are having difficulties or would like more information, we offer a free drop in advice service - find out more by visiting our 'planning support page', and then call or visit us for help.
If you would like to view an application, make a comment or check to see if you live in a conservation area - you can use our online planning search facility, Public Access.