Licences and street trading
Watford Borough Council administer and issue a variety of licenses, registrations, approvals and permits relating to a range of activities and businesses.
Many licences are issued after consultation with other departments or agencies, including environmental health, the police, fire service and Trading Standards.
We carry out checks and inspections on a regular basis. We regularly inspect premises to ensure that all the conditions attached to the licence or registration are being met and we will investigate complaints including those concerning premises operating illegally without a licence.
Some common licences are not issued by us. Door supervisor licences are issued by the Security Industry Authority.
Hertfordshire County Council is responsible for issuing a range of licences including:
- performing animals
- premises approval for marriage or civil partnerships
- skip operators
- skip permits
- scaffolding licences
- hoarding licences
- weighbridge operators
- petroleum storage
- fireworks sale and storage
Many of these can be applied for online.
In this section you will find a wide range of information about licences, registrations and permits issued by Watford Borough Council.
In this section
- Caravan and camping site licence
- Distribution of Free printed material
- Environmental Permitting
- Environmental Services Enforcement Policy
- Fees and charges 2014-2015
- Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO)
- Licence - boarding animals
- Licence - Notice of applications
- Licence - objecting to applications
- Licence - pet shop
- Licence - sex shops
- Licence - street trading
- Licence applications tracker
- Licensing Act 2003 online applications
- Licensing Policy 2013 - 2018
- Licensing sub-committee protocol
- Notice of Application for Review
- online appointments
- Street trading - non-commercial traders
- Watford and Three Rivers Safety Advisory Group